Re: Fwd: Berkeley Balcony Collapse-New photos from Lisa Fulton

Thanks Chuck!

On the rot damage job I sent the pictures of, just to illustrate how this
thing can go unnoticed by the occupants, they did not know there was any
problem until the joint between the wall and the shower got really wide.
They had a handyman come out to fix this gap. He said I think you have a
bigger problem and need to have someone come look at it, which was me. They
did not see the water dripping out because the shower was over the aluminum
soffit. I told them to have it shored immediately and do not go into the
bathroom!

I know it sounds very cliche, but water intrusion is really the silent
killer of building materials...

Andrew Kester, PE
Florida