Re: Berkeley Balcony Collapse - now a criminal case

Thanks for the info. I've seen cases where water will completely degrade
plywood but solid 2x framing is barely affected. But in this case the lvl
may have just expedited the inevitable. But perhaps pressure treated sawn
lumber would lasting enough to alert people to the problem.

However the root cause is proper waterproofing. And I agree with your other
 sentiments.

Andrew