Re: Berkeley Balcony Collapse - now a criminal case

On the subject of waterproofing, a coworker just forwarded me this story:

Not surprising at all. I look at stucco problems all of the time doing
forensic work, some related to poor roof drainage design or other problems,
not just the stucco installation. Like this investigation I just did where
the water was clearly splashing off an upper roof (no gutters), but once I
opened up the wall I found this (see the pics).​
 IMG_0078.JPG
​​
 IMG_0080.JPG
​​
 IMG_0081.JPG
​

See if you can spot the root cause of the problem.