Sloped Column

Hello All

I have an 8 stories steel structure
in a high seismicity area for design, the architect used 4 sloped columns
at the exterior walls, these unconventional columns are angled to create
open spaces.

I know that for some systems like
diagrid, the building code requires that sloped column should remain elastic
 during a seismic event, therefore, the response modification factor, R, is
required to be in the range of 1.0 to 1.5 but am I required to use these
values for my case too?  As I have just 4 sloped columns surrounding my
structure and others are vertical (the system is an intermediate moment).

Best Regards,

Behnam Heydari