Re: Minimum Eccentricity for Steel Column (Last question of 2015?)

Jim,

Yes. The angle is small - the horizontal component of force as a ratio of
the offset is quite accurate.

Sum all the affected columns and compare to the lateral force resisting
system:

+1%? Go home and sleep well.

Regards,

Paul Ransom, P.Eng.